Amarillo DWI Defense Lawyer
Strong Legal Representation in Texas
Being pulled over for driving while intoxicated can lead to serious consequences. It can also be a frightening and even humiliating experience for those who have never dealt with the criminal justice system before. You will likely have questions and concerns about the whole procedure and how it will affect your future. You may feel that you can do nothing about it, but Quackenbush Law Firm is here to help. At our firm, you will find an Amarillo DWI defense attorney with 30 years of experience who can work aggressively on your behalf to increase your chances of optimum results.
Talk to our defense lawyer in a free consultation about your case. Contact us at (806) 424-4108.
Texas DWI Facts & Penalties
DWI is a complex issue involving science, technology, and Texas law. Many factors can be challenged in a DWI case, but you will need the right attorney.
The penalties you will face for a first-offense DWI include:
- With a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of less than .15, a fine of up to $2,000 and/or jail time of three to 180 days, and a driver’s license suspension of 90 days to a year
- With a BAC of .15 or more, a fine of up to $4,000 and/or jail time of up a year along with a driver’s license suspension as above
A second offense is punishable by a fine of up to $4,000 and/or jail time of 30 days to a year, and a license suspension of 180 days to two years. A third offense carries penalties of a fine up to $10,000, two to 10 years of incarceration, and a license suspension of 180 days to two years.
Other DWI crimes include:
- Intoxication assault: Involves an accident caused by DWI in which serious bodily injury occurred
- Intoxication manslaughter: Occurs when another person is killed as a result of DWI
- DWI with a child passenger who is less than 15 years old
All of these offenses carry more severe penalties in terms of fines and imprisonment. You will also have a felony conviction on your record.
Why You Need Our Amarillo DWI Defense Attorney
It is always important to understand that your case is only as strong as your attorney. Without organization, investigation, legal experience, the proper resources, the proper courtroom demeanor, and confidence, your position can suffer. That is why we highly encourage you to contact Quackenbush Law Firm today.
Call (806) 424-4108 or contact us online for the legal help you deserve.